Advantages and Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing
A start-up business may come to a challenging point in terms of marketing. For a limited amount of funds, it’s indefinite to which type of marketing the business has to focus.
Digital Marketing refers to the marketing of products and services using digital technology on the internet. Some example would include social media marketing, SEO, email marketing, and affiliate marketing. On the other hand, Traditional Marketing refers to any kind of promotion used by companies for several years already. That would include flyers, posters, radio advertisements, billboards, and so on.
Let’s discover the advantages and disadvantages traditional marketing.
Advantages of Traditional Marketing
- Reach your local audience easily— Radio broadcasting, for example, is easy and effective. Most people listen to the radio. You can also send out flyers and post posters. Study shows printed materials can be more likely remembered compared to digital ones.
- Easy to understand — Since traditional marketing has been around for years, people can easily understand and remember this kind of marketing. It is also more suitable for older folks since they are less likely acquainted with the internet.
- Effective and evidence-based success rate — The reason why traditional marketing exists up until this modern age is that it is effective and gives good results. Though you may not be able to reach a global scale with this marketing, there is an assurance of reaching out and converting your local reach.
Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing
- Less to no interaction — This type of marketing is a one-way form of communication. The main goal is only to inform potential customers about the brand.
- Can be very costly — Radio advertising can cost $200 to $5,000 per week depending on your location. Not only that, but you will also need an additional of $300 to $1000 for producing your commercial, hiring your voice talent, and editing audio effects. Print advertising can cost $500 to $20,000 depending upon your target range, the size of your poster, your graphics designer, and material costs.
- Absence of results statistics — Unlike digital marketing, traditional marketing does not have Google Analytics, click rates, conversion rates, or even FB pixel. It is difficult to conclude whether your advertising is successful or not.
Virtual Digital Marketing Manager
Boss DM is an artificial intelligence digital marketing manager programmed to help you do digital marketing in the right way. Through years of experience and development, Boss DM will make your business succeed.